The following are a few reasons why homeownership is vital to our Broward’s socio-economic well-being:
- The median price of a single-family home in Broward is up 20% in the last two year (2020-2022) to more than $500,000.
- Every $5MM invested in affordable Broward housing creates a seven-to-one return on investment.
- Broward rents jumped 25% in 2021.
- With 53.9% cost-burdened household, Broward is one of the most unaffordable places to live in the United States.
- Average monthly rent for 2-bedroom apartment, at $1,902, is 55.9% of the median household income for renters.
- Average monthly rent for a 950 sq/ft apartment in Greater Fort Lauderdale is $2,168, almost$1,000 more than the monthly payment for a 1300 sq/ft Habitat for Humanity of Broward home.